Moving right along!!

A COUPLE OF WEEKS MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE


A couple of weeks has passed and we've traveled a lot of miles.  Since leaving Pahrump, NV, we stayed at Golden Valley, AZ for one week, which is about 20 minutes from Kingman, AZ (where my older Sister lives).

Loved, loved, loved our view out the back of our RV.  Every night, this is what we were treated to.  There is not much going on in Golden Valley, but like I said, Kingman is about a 20 minute drive.



And, this is what we were able to view in the daytime.  All kinds of tractors and those mountains.

We had my Sister and a couple of her friends over for our first 'potluck' at our RV.  It was a fun time.

We left there on Sunday, November 19th and drove a few hours to Gila Bend, AZ to a KOA park there.  What a nice park!  Of course, all they had to do was mention scorpions, snakes, poisonous spiders and some sort of poisonous toads to be on the look our for and that kept me close to the 5th wheel :-)  But, the sunset was beautiful!!

                                                                                                       
We only spent one night there and then, made our way to an Escapee park in Deming, New Mexico for the night.   We got in a little too late for the 'social hour', so we went next door to a hotel and had dinner.  

The next few days we stayed in Fort Stockton, TX;  Ingram, TX and Livingston,TX.   One thing we have learned about Texas....is that it's BIG!!!!  And, you can go from one side to the other and encounter mountains, desert, hills, trees and huge cities.  A lot like Oregon in some respects....but it takes TWICE as long to get across Texas!!!  

Welcome to Texas!!

 Going through El Paso TX, near the Mexican border.

 Lots and lots of Dairy farms along the route.

 Wide open spaces!!

 They also have Welfare in TX


    
 Not sure if this happened in New Mexico or TX....but both East and West traffic was stopped for over 1/2 hour on I -10, and we found out on the news, later that night, that there was an FBI investigation because a Border Patrol officer had been shot in that area. 


At a RV park in Ingram, TX, we were treated to Pecan groves and Shetland Ponies.  

This was the view across from our RV.  A beautiful Pecan Grove.  What a blessing to be able to view it right out my window!!!

David and I took a walk up to the office because when we had pulled in, we noticed a herd of Shetland ponies out in the field.  

                                    
This little guy came up to us expecting a treat!!!  We had nothing to give him.

 So, he basically let us know.....forget you, Pal!!  As he walked away.  

This was the view from our dining room window.  I so wanted to see a herd of deer that sometimes frequent the grove, at night, but I didn't get to see any.

I have SO MUCH more to share, but that's it for now!!!  

I am sort of held captive by whether I have Wi Fi or not, as to when I can update my blog!!!

Now that we are IN one spot for another week, I'll try and get my blog updated to the present before we head to our next job. 

I need to walk down to the 5th wheel and check on Annie...(I'm using the church Wi Fi to post) although I am sure she's probably relaxing!!




Have a fantastic day!!!!!  By the way, it's been sunny and warm!!!  :-)

Char and David

Comments

  1. OK - Here is my test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a message, I think I have it fixed, now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, please leave me a message now and then.....love hearing from you!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Weird Post

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"