We are on our way HOME!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry for such a lapse in updating you on our adventure but the past few weeks have really been hectic.

But, to be perfectly honest, I didn't have much to tell you since my last post when I had said that we were getting ready to head over to the RV Factory to have the remaining things finished.

They ended up putting us up at a nice hotel from Friday the 25th till Tuesday morning, August 28th.

When, we arrived, they said that if we wanted to live in our RV at night, they could work on it during the day, it would be fine.  But, we just had to realize that there were some cosmetic things that they still needed to finish.

We agreed and we were there in their parking lot from August 28th through September 8th.   Every day, we would get up, get dressed and head over to the customer lounge where we would hang out while they pulled our Ambition in to work on things.   Sometimes, we'd be there all day.  Or we'd go take a drive and check out our surroundings.

When we first got to the Factory, they asked for a 'punch' list.  That is just what they call it.  You go around and find anything you are unhappy with and they will fix it.  Every morning, we handed them our 'punch list'  Believe me, I scoured this thing like a banshee.  Some things were just cosmetic and pretty easy to fix.  Other things, I couldn't believe they could miss it.....but they took care of EVERY thing on my list and we got it down from 3-4 pages of stuff to 5 items, the last day.   Most people never see this part of putting an RV together, as they go straight to a RV lot and choose their RV.

Here we were able to have our fingers in the mix!!

We were able to take a day trip to Shipshewana, IN.  It's an Amish town with lots of buggies driving along the highway along with all the traffic.  I worried constantly that someone would hit them...but guess they are used to it.

We took a tour of a cool Museum that showed the history of the Amish/Mennonite people.  When I have better WiFi and can download my photos, I'll be posting about that.

Anyway, by the 7th, I was really getting a little downhearted....we had been on the road (and a lot of it not by our choosing) since May 22nd and we had gone through the death of David's Mother, were worried about our Son with hurricane Irma hitting Florida in the next few days....and here it was September and we had missed so many things that we had planned on taking part of and it was just getting to be too much.

I truly understand a new company and a company that merged...having it's growing pains, but I wanted to go HOME!!

Long story short...we ARE now on our way home!!!

I am sorry that there are no photos but for some reason, I haven't been able to download my photos when I am at the RV parks, some times.

We are in Snowville, UT getting ready to pull out and we will be spending another night in ID and we should be home the next day. So, I'll try to do it when we get home or when I have better connections.

Can't wait to share so many things, but it is just better with pictures!!

Have a fantastic day!!!

Char and Dave




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"

It's a God Thing, for sure