Christmas Break in Florida 1

Almost there!



Finally, entered Florida and headed for St Augustine to our RV park.
Our Son met us there and we visited for a bit.  Great to see my Grand dog, Reggie, too.

We headed over to Sonny's BBQ across the street where we enjoyed Gator Tail and Deep Fried Pickles for appetizers.



Evidently, I didn't get a photo of the Gator Tail.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually really good.  And, I LOVED the Deep fried pickles.

We went back to the RV and visited a bit more than decided to call it a night and Jim would come get us in the morning and we'd drive down to Daytona Beach and tour the Daytona International Speedway.

Next day, Friday,  on to Daytona!!
    


Tickets in hand, we only had a 1/2 hour wait for our Tour Tram

What a huge speedway!!!  Never imagined it being this huge!!!

I took a ton of photos but couldn't begin to do it justice. One of the turns on the speedway. is 4 stories high!  Amazing!!!  I didn't get that photo, but did get one.
I couldn't do it justice with my photos, so best to go take the tour if you are ever in the area!!

One thing that I did learn, when I walked through the little museum, was that Barney Oldfield was a race car driver.  My Dad always said I drove like Barney Oldfield...I always wondered who he was....now I know  :-)


Then it was off to a nice restaurant by the sea called Ocean Deck.  We had a nice meal, watched the sail boats and people on the beach and then took a long drive along the coastline back to St Augustine.

Back at the RV, we visited a bit and then decided that we would spend the next day, which was Friday and he'd show us some of his favorite spots and a drive through the country. One of the places we stopped at was Gator Bait Sports Grill, where we tried their deep fried pickles and Gator tail.




I know we did a lot more, that day....but now I can't remember.  I should have kept notes.....instead of relying on my memory ;-)

Later Gator 


Comments

Post a Comment

Hi, please leave me a message now and then.....love hearing from you!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"

Weird Post