The rest of our time in St Augustine and back to TX

Rather than share each day spent in Florida, which is really only of interest to us....I have decided to just share the main things we did and then get back to our work with VCB.

We shared our Anniversary with our Son.  We went out for breakfast at a place he hadn't been to before.  Later, that day, he took us out for dinner for our anniversary and we also spent part of the day on Christmas Eve, together...and then David and I went to the St Augustine outlet malls.  Wow...did we ever get a long walk in.  I think I got 7,000 steps that day and 5,000 of them were at those two malls.

Here is something you don't see often near a mall parking lot.


And, really, who in their right mind would attempt to feed an alligator?  I did look really close as we were driving past that area.....kind of hoping I'd see one so I could get a photo :-)


Here are some of the places we visited over the course of a few days.  Whitey's Fish House.  It was so cool to sit at our table and the side of the wall was rolled up so we could see out to the inlet where the boats anchored.
                                             


 This is where we were sitting, looking right into the little harbor.  In the distance is the deck where you could eat looking over the water.   But at you can see, we were looking out at the water from where we were sitting.


Several boats came in to have dinner while we were there.  


 I just thought it was fascinating.  I can just imagine someone sitting around saying, "wanna go to dinner at Whitey's?, Let's take the boat".


 Another first for us.  Our Son ordered raw tuna that is seared on one side.  Now, I have never ever cared about eating fish (unless it's halibut or white fish) and never had the urge to eat raw fish at all.  But, when in Rome....as they say.  So, we tried it.  It actually wasn't bad.  But, probably wouldn't order it for myself 😉

We also had more fried Pickles.  Now, THAT I can see ordering....and as my Son said, not all places make it the same and we found that out by trying several different kinds at different restaurants.  The same with the Gator Tail.  Although it was all good, there were places that were excellent!

Another place he wanted us to try was the Metro Diner and I think we did that after Christmas.

Christmas was different than past years where most all the family gets together.  This Christmas our Son invited us down to spend it with him....and although it was about a 12 hour drive and we did it in two nights.....it felt so good to be with family!!

Our Son did a good job of making Christmas dinner; ham, potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole and appetizers before dinner.  And, Pecan  pie.



My younger Granddaughter and her husband told us they would be Facebook Chatting at a certain time and we had a great visit.   She and her goofy husband....used some sort of imaging to change their faces into characters and got me to laughing so hard I cried.  I miss my family on the West Coast so much.

I won't post their pictures here as not sure they would be thrilled with me......oh what the heck!!!  I'm 2,000 miles away....LOL


Our Grandson in law


Our Granddaughter.  I don't know what they used to alter their faces and add stuff to the picture....but it worked to get me to laughing.

Christmas was different than most other years but I have come to realize is that, Christmas is actually in your heart.  You can celebrate Christmas in different places with different people and with different ways of doing things and it's just a different experience and as long as I can keep in touch with family, at some point, I'm ok.  

One place I was anxious to eat at was the Metro Diner.  My Son had told me what he'd gotten there at Thanksgiving and we were hoping they'd have something special at Christmas time.  Well, I chose something that I had NO idea how huge it would be...and it ended up being two meals.

I can't even remember now what all was in it, but I think eggs, bacon or ham and chopped potatoes.  Then, der.....I got to choose a side and got hash browns...reallly?  Well, I ate about a 1/3 of it and took it back to the RV with me.  I had it later for lunch.  But, once again....great choice of a place to eat.

It was really hard leaving FL to head back to TX knowing it might be quite some time before I get back that way.  But, I know that we have our oldest Son and one Granddaughter in OR and another Granddaughter in WA that I will be getting to see in a couple of months and that helped me to keep focused.  

I won't post the photos I took on the way back to TX but I got a lot of different ones.  It wasn't foggy on the way back and I could see a lot more than I got to see on the way to FL.  The roads in LA seemed rougher on the return trip.

I was so glad to see the sign to, Mauriceville, TX!! 





We were back in our spot soon afterwards.   



Until next time.....................

Char





  





Comments

  1. Char, you have done a wonderful job of sharing your travels with us. I loved the descriptions, the pictures and the entire thing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Annette!!! I try to do a mix up of fun things we have done and the volunteering jobs. It's nice to know that you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, please leave me a message now and then.....love hearing from you!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"

Weird Post