Sitting Still!!!



Since leaving Cooper, TX, we have been staying at the Pineywoods Baptist Camp and David has been volunteering around the camp, with some other volunteers.  They have mostly been getting things ready for when the VCB volunteers come to get a another lodge finished.

When we first got here, I was still down with the flu, so I wasn't able to get out and about for the first week and a half.  The others kidded David that he really didn't have a wife as they hadn't seen her. 

Finally, the dang bug left and I was able to get out for a short walk.  We ran into the guy that kidded David and he said, "You DO exist".  It was still a few more days before I felt good enough to take a walk down to the dining hall and have lunch with David.

One of my favorite places, here...although it's an awesome camp in so many ways ....is the swing and waterfall that I pass when I walk down to the dining hall.  I love to just sit there for a few minutes on my walk and just enjoy the view.






Then, there is the wildlife.  Lots and lots of squirrels.  I took this just outside of our RV....he was a busy fellow....and I got a distant shot of him....as quickly as I could.  They are also fast.  And, then just enlarged it.

There are also birds but have yet to catch but a quick glimpse of one.  I love to hear them now that Spring is almost here, they are getting more active.  Some of the sounds I have never heard before....so they must be different birds than what we had where we lived in Central OR.

Since getting here on the 20th of January, David decided he really likes to work during the day.  Women can work if they want to, but it's up to them.  And, like I said, for the first two weeks or more, I was confined to the RV.   

Sometimes, I go and meet David for lunch at the dining hall and sometimes I just catch up on other things here at home.  There haven't been too many jobs that I could do except painting boards, since I got here.

But, David has been kept busy!!  I think if it were up to him, except for missing our family, he would be content here.




I have enjoyed sitting still and not constantly moving and hooking up and unhooking and all that it entails.  Do I like the travel?  Most of the time but just like more time in between being on the road.

We did make a trip to Crockett, TX one day a week and a half ago, to get some groceries and fill a prescription.  

We decided to stop at a place called Texas Burger and have lunch.  When we got out, David noticed one of the tires was a little low.  So, afterwards, we found Crockett Tires to get it fixed.  Come to find out, we had a nail in both the outer and inner tire on one side of the truck.  

On paying our bill, I saw a container full of odd items.  And, sure enough, that was their collection of things that they have pulled out of different types of tires.  Hard to believe.


And, then, there is the PO up the road from the camp.  Just seems to 'fit'!!


Time for lunch....am going to take my walk!!

Until next time!!

Have a great day!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"

Weird Post