While I wait!!

I have another post in the making, but I have to wait until David can be here to explain to me what the guys are doing in the photos I took ;-)  I would attempt to describe what they are doing, but I know I would definitely get something wrong.

So, in the meantime, I thought I would tell you what we've been up to.  Basically, not much!!! :-)  We are almost always busy doing something, but nothing interesting to post on a blog.

We did take a little drive to Lufkin, TX two Saturdays ago so I could get a much needed haircut.  We stopped at Home Depot to pick up some little washers for a card I hope to make in the next couple of weeks and we went to a little hamburger drive in called Ray's.  The beautician recommended it to us.

     
I am going to have to say that this hamburger was better than Whattaburger!!! 

And, the fun of it was that we could eat in our truck...so we didn't have to leave Annie out in the hot truck.  AND, they delivered it and set a tray on our window just like they used to when we were growing up!!!

NO, they didn't wear roller skates.....but this gal was fast and efficient.  It is not a chain cafe....but a local favorite and judging by the line inside and the cars out in the drive in area, it has a pretty good business going.

I did manage to get some cards made the weekend before last and then, after a few days, I put everything away and took down my craft table.  I promised my card making buddies that I would post about 'crafting in an RV' and I will get to that post done soon.

The last couple of nights we've had thunder/lightning storms go over the top of us.  Now, most anyone that has known me for any length of time at all, knows that I don't like lightning and thunder storms.   They DO get lightning storms here....WOWZA.....and when Texas does something, they do it BIG.  Even though I have gone through quite a few of them....I still don't like them.   Missouri is no slouch when it comes to lightning storms either.....nor is Albuquerque, NM.  When I think about it, I have probably been in one in almost every state at some point or another. 

Today is a beautiful blue sky day and the temperature is supposed to reach 77.  

Walking back from lunch today, at the dining hall, we saw this little guy in front of us on the road.  


Somehow, he/she had gotten quite a ways away from the pond where it lives.  David pointed him in the right direction.....and left him.



I tried to get David to pick it up and walk it to the pond....but he wasn't having it.   And, I wasn't going to pick it up.  Someone had just told me, that morning, about how her husband went to save one on a highway and the little guy 'peed' all over him.  So, I am hoping the little fella made it back.  

It is so peaceful here.  It's been a very enjoyable volunteer job.  Actually, David is the only one volunteering....and he likes it that way.  He would rather I stay home and take care of Annie and keep things running smoothly.

We love hearing from you.....so drop us a line in the comments section of this post!!

Until next time............................

Char






Comments

  1. Sounds like you are having a really interesting time! Will be anxious to see your "crafting on wheels" post! My friends have a very large RV like yours.. and I know I could live in it full-time.. for sure. So much room in it, king bed and room to have a craft table and to store some tubs. She doesn't craft at all unfortunately. Do you help with the building projects or in other ways? Just curious.... and I bet it's getting hot there already! You're not missing much here in Madras/Redmond... lots of gray and clouds and sprinkles and not much sunshine! It'll come though.. and all to soon I'll be wishing for cooler weather, so I'm enjoying this.. and don't have to do any yardwork yet either! Take care.... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,

      My 'Crafting on wheels' post will come after I get the post I've been wanting to write...all about the building David has been involved with here.

      Yes, I could help with some of the projects....but they had more than enough help and most of the wives don't work with the men...in fact none of them have these last two jobs. But,,they have mission projects that they work on down at the 'green' house. It just happens to be right across from where I am parked. Sadly, I don't own a sewing machine anymore and really haven't sewn for the past 11-12 years. So I don't help with that, either. But there are some job sites where the women help, as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, please leave me a message now and then.....love hearing from you!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"

Weird Post