Trip to Grand Dad by boat

We are still here at Dworshak Dam working as volunteers in the Visitor Center. 

We have been frustrated by the iffy Wi Fi, but other than that and iffy phone service....this is a FANTASTIC place to work.

On July 21st, we were invited to go by boat up to Grand Dad campground.  It is way up the reservoir and takes probably 2 1/2 to 3 hours to drive up there from here BUT the Rangers often use their boats to go up and check the campground as it's only about 1 1/2 hours by water.

David wasn't able to go as he opted to stay behind and take care of our dog, Annie, who has not been doing well for a few weeks.  I can't get her out of the RV....so he is the only one that can....and sadly, she has to 'get out' every couple of hours, now.

Anyway, I made a video of the trip..and I tried to upload it, but no luck....so this blog post has been sitting here since that day.  I HOPE and PRAY I can upload it when I get down to the library in the next day or so.  I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is up here and especially on the Reservoir.....it goes 54 miles up!

I am going to send this update, anyway, just so you know I am trying to keep up my blog but without decent internet, it's futile, and to share photos, it's almost impossible.  :-(   Not even sure this will go through.

I have a TON of photos to share of our time here.....and the little day trips we have taken.

Oh it is so beautiful here in this part of Idaho!!!   I could see myself living here if it weren't for family and close friends living elsewhere.

I am hoping to get down to the small library, in Orofino, to hopefully catch this blog up to date, soon!!!   It seems like we are always busy getting things caught up around here on our days off.

It's been in the 100's for the last 5-6 days but it's supposed to start cooling off by Friday and even get down into the 80's .....that will be a relief.

In the meantime, we are still enjoying it here except for the iffy Wi Fi and cell service.  David's phone hasn't worked since we've been here :-(

And, with a Great Grandson on the horizon, any day now, I NEED my phone!!!!

I have so much to share about our time here.......so....I'll try and get the photos uploaded soon.

IF you are wanting a nice drive.....and have a few days to kill.......come see the Dam!!!   We would LOVE to show you around on our days off or even when we are working.....there are two tours a day.

What a surprise if someone we actually knew walked through those doors!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Char







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Memorial to our wonderful Annie!!

Crockett, Texas "Paradise in the Pines"

It's a God Thing, for sure